View Single Post
      07-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #74
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

guys Hamilton won with slower cars as well in his entire career.. there are many videos about it and you can check yourself.. even now when Bottas is looking on fire, Lewis finds a way to throw in 0.2-0.3 as well that Bottas couldnt find a way to do the same.. it was always like this.. take a closer look in Lewis' first season in F1.. he started his first season in F1 fighting against beloved 2 times champ Alonso.. even Alonso was telling what the heck you re doing with a rookie guy if you re trying to be a champ to Ron Dennis.. and we know the story afterwards..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well mate that's what RB-Honda actually did in the last 8 months (24/7) and during the winter stop in Japan !

The million dollar question is : What Merc did to make their PU so powerful while they were in full lockdown ?

Challenge ? Tell me how ? When you know that the Mercs are 15-17 km/h faster on the straights , even without the Mercs Party-Mode !

I'm not complaining . I'm just wondering ...
mate that questions answer is trying to be found by other manufacturers as well to do the same.. for me timing is not weird cause Merc' had an awful top speed in the past and one way or another they had to improve it.. in last 3 years Merc's were slow on speed traps and now they found a way to do it.. tracks like Baku was like a nightmare for them.. i recommend you watching Merc's engine development videos from Youtube.. you feel that they re working hard on each detail that even public part that you see on videos is impressive.. generally success doesnt come over a night mate and you know it..

Last edited by yco; 07-30-2020 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0