Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by petar7408 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbmwfan View Post
This hits the nail on the head for me. I cant even walk through a BMW showroom any more without getting frustrated. I asked a salesman about a year ago if the M235 on the showroom floor was an M car. He said yes, I walked away. BMW seems to be putting an M badge on everything. Used to be that you could pay extra for something special, not any more. This, combined with that disgusting front end on the G8X, will mean that I will likely never buy another new BMW. Glad that I have one of the last truly special M3's - it better last forever.

I am 100% with you! This f80 m3 might be my last. So many M brands on everything has ruined it and the new look is just disgusting, breaks my heart
So I know what you mean… however when I got my m235 I was super excited about getting a lite variant of an M. Now that I moved to an M2C, the shoe is on the other foot and I see how it does make the M branding less special.

As cool and fun as they are, the lite versions that BMW make are definitely not in the same camp as proper Ms. from the same or even recent generations.

I am less likely to buy a future M or any BMW due to the current trend of uglification than I am due to ///M diluted cars.
2006 325i
Appreciate 0