Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

BMW model update measures as of autumn 2022

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...22?language=en

New functions for the My BMW app.

With the latest update, the range of functions of the My BMW app has been expanded to provide additional usage options. The app now includes a first-mile function that shows customers the route to their vehicle on their smartphone. In future, they will also be able to search for contacts stored on their smartphone in the My BMW app, call up ratings and pictures for so-called points of interest and pay parking fees at a variety of locations. From autumn 2022, the My BMW app will provide users of models with electrified drive systems with specific information in the event of charging irregularities. In future, all functions specially designed for electric mobility can be found more easily via an entry point in the vehicle menu area.

The new "My Trips" function provides the customer with trip data in the My BMW app. For example, information on the distance travelled, average speed, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are listed. Drivers of models with electrified drive systems are also informed about the proportion of the route they have driven electrically.

The user interface for the vehicle menu area has also been updated. If the vehicle's air conditioning is activated using the My BMW app, this can be seen on the picture of the vehicle. Information about customer support can be found in the Profile menu area under "Contact us".

Innovations regarding the Digital Key and Digital Key Plus.

The optional BMW Digital Key and Digital Key Plus can now be shared across platforms between users of iOS and Android devices, including via e-mail or messenger service, for example. Until now, only the Apple iPhone offered the Digital Key Plus, which uses security-optimised ultra-wideband radio technology (UWB) to automatically unlock the BMW iX and the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer when you approach them and lock them when you move away. You can simply keep the device in your pocket. From December 2022, this convenient access method will also be possible with Android devices that are equipped with a corresponding UWB chip and are enabled for Digital Key Plus (initially Google Pixel Pro).

The Digital Key Plus also enables additional functions via the My BMW app using UWB technology near vehicles with production dates from November 2022 (an Apple iPhone with iOS 16 operating system is required). The additional functions are displayed in the My BMW app as soon as you approach the vehicle to within about six 6 metres. These include the comfort open/close functions, known from the long press on open/close with the physical vehicle key, as well as the level control for vehicles with air suspension. In the BMW 7 Series, the optional automatic doors can also be operated via the My BMW app within the UWB range. For vehicles equipped with BMW Operating System 8 and Parking Assistant Professional, Remote Control Parking can also be controlled via the My BMW app.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 9