Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
Just spoke w my local dealer again. I4 m50i orders are approx 12-14 months from order to delivery. I'm sure it's supply constraints, labor shortages, manufacturing challenges, shipping/transport logistical challenges, etc etc etc.
BMW needs to do a lot more than double production to be able to provide customers with vehicles in the same model year, but yay they doubled EV production.
I'm sure there are lots of reasons for the very long lead times. The i4 is a very nice car, maybe better than a Tesla except for the Supercharger network. But I just checked and I can get a Tesla M3P within a couple of months. On the other hand, I have to wait over a year for the BMW? That is a big problem if BMW wants market share.
You can get a M3P within weeks. Many other Tesla's available immediately. Many options for Audi/Porsche EV's available immediately. BMW needs to figure out how to get their delivery times down to something in the realm of reasonable if they want to compete. Because of the unrealistic time table, I ended up getting an E-tron S and am very happy with the car. Im just one example of a lost opportunity for BMW. We love our X7 so I'm still in the bmw family, but for EV's, bmw needs to get the i4 and iX out there faster. Doubling production is a nice headline, but the reality is that the bmw EV's aren't getting into the hands of consumers fast enough.
bmwdrive464.00