Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by npa201 View Post
Not scientific whatsoever as I don't have a Dragy but just traded my Model Y Performance for the IX50. While the MYP is faster off the line and definitely was no slouch at passing, I actually felt like it was missing a little oomph at higher speeds. If anything the IX50 felt just as fast as the MYP when already in motion when already going faster than 50 MPH. Maybe its just in my head.

I've seen some reviews where the reviewer wished the m60 suspension was a little plusher, wonder if that was in personal mode. That is one of the highlights of the IX50 IMO and when I want something firmer, I think sport does a good job. Overall, don't really miss having the extra power of the m60 which to my understanding is really only in launch mode correct or for short bursts. If it visually looked different and had more bolstering in the seats, maybe would have considered the m60 if both were available to order at the time I ordered the 50. But so far not really feeling like I'm missing out on the m60. Feels pretty sweet spot to me. Same goes with my x5 m50i. Glad I don't have the base but not sure the full on M is worth it for me (although at least there are visual cues, different handling, and different interior).

Or maybe I'm just getting old…

BTW,l does the m60 or IX50 have the option on the infotainment to show a Sports Display (HP and Torque) similar to the X5 m50i and presumably other X5's?
On the M60, if you switch to sport mode, the adaptive information will switch to hp and torques. Pretty cool graphs.