View Single Post
      11-14-2022, 10:20 AM   #11
Louis_BE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueju1121 View Post
It's helpful to have a general idea of the performance difference between different trims of the same platform. I reposted it on the forum because some of us want more than just pure basic from our car.

Besides, it's a YT video, and no one forces you to watch it.

I find it pretty funny that some people feel the need to justify their purchase. There is really no need to do so since different people have different priorities when it comes to purchasing, and you don't have to justify your purchase to anyone other than yourself. There is a significant performance difference between these two, at least for some of us to consider.

Oh, and range-wise, below is another video showing how M60 actually can have the same or even better range than the 50. That's a fact.

In exact same trim and conditions the 50 will have more range, that comes with the more powerful motor of the iX 60, the problem is you will never see a test like this as it is almost impossible to do (if you have a 60 with slight downhill / wind in the back warmer conditions …, it will beat 50 easily). I found a YT with 345 miles for the 50 versus the 339 … but you cannot compare … not the same route / conditions.

The difference will be minimal, so you can ask yourself if it’s a deal braker to have 10 to 20 miles less range … I for one went with the 50, if they make a 60 with more net capacity / faster charging / more range and faster 0 - 100, I definitely would trade up …
That is something I do not understand, why a manufacture only bumps the speed and tweak suspension and some software modes … Because on public roads that 0-130km/h performance difference is negligible, except for the German autobahn if that is your habitat, get the 60. (The fact they restricted option packs to the 60 was pure to bump/skew sales towards the 60)

On public roads reaction time / driving skills could easily be the factor that determines who will win, but one should never do that on public roads to begin with. (or how well your battery is charged / temperature conditioned it is at that moment etc, My Tesla MXP was notorious “slow” when not all stars where aligned properly)
I came to the conclusion that an SAV/SUV ones under 5 sec is more than enough for me ) At least BMW should have no problem doing these launches repeatedly, my MXP needed new driveshafts every so often when I launched it … friend of mine is already on is third replacement within a year.
Appreciate 0