Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis_BE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueju1121 View Post
Like I said, if you like the 50, I'm happy for you. 50 is far more than enough for most people, especially in the US, where the speed limit is restricted.

I just don't like some people trying to justify their purchasing by saying M60 is "not fast enough," "not different enough," or "no one needs the extra speed," or blah blah blah.

Not all of us made our purchases based on need. I got my M60 because I wanted it. That's all.
You are entitled to your opinion, as we 50 buyers are entitled to say the difference was to small not to go for the 60 …
Your reaction seems strange, and yeah I would have bought a 60 if it really was faster in speed (on public roads, implying acceleration, not so much top speed or how much faster it is from 150 to 200 … that is utterly worthless besides the autobahn) and charging, and had at least the same or better range, would have gladly paid for it.

Anyway, they just announced new battery tech that will give better range and performance, so I'm really happy I went for the 50, I'll jump to the next iteration when it uses the new architecture. Faster charging, longer range (rumours speak 30% for both) and power up to 1300HP.
My man, you are, of course, entitled to say whatever you want out of your mind. It's your right. Just don't say this type of nonsense in front of us M60 buyers, telling us we wasted our money because you cannot see the difference in everyday performance, etc., etc., and not expecting a pushback from one of us.

There are multiple forum members who have traded their 50 for M60, and I don't expect you to understand why, since according to you, the additional performance is "utterly useless".

Again, everyone has reasons for what they value the most regarding their purchase. If you don't think sub 4 secs 0-60 makes a big difference than sub 5 secs, that's your choice, and that's fine with me.

And I am sad you found my reaction strange when I said I felt happy for you if you were happy with your 50.