08-05-2022, 03:18 AM   #17
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryivnx View Post
I know exactly what you meant by saying that M8 pulls harder on top end.

I have '21 M5C and recently went for a drive of i4 M50. The off the line was quick and the instant torque is also good but I felt like I was not "surprised" by it as much as I wanted. M5C can pull the same if not harder in lower gears.
But then again - they are different cars from different classes altogether.

That being said, I am seriously considering M50 after then M5. Only thing I would miss is the quality of the interior that the M5 or M8 have compared to i4
The M5 has a better quality interior, the most noticeable difference is the quality of the leather and seats themselves but the i4 has the latest iDrive tech and display which does look better. At 6/10th I reckon they behave very similar so even going at a decent lick of pace down a back road doesn't feel all that different. The main difference centres around running costs....

Fuel price is obviously different in the UK compared to the US but I had a Sept'20 M5C that I switched from to the i4M50 and with the same amount of miles per month in each the i4 is costing me a 1/4 what the M5 did. You might say owning a £100K car and worrying about the running costs is plain stupid but the saving made are going into other things I also enjoy so I am actually getting more out of life owning the i4 than I did the M5C yet getting the same real world performance.

Win win scenario in my book.
Appreciate 2