View Single Post
      12-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #9
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Great post.

I used to have a list of all the places I want to travel and a sort-of plan to go to them (1-2 per year). However workload and now COVID have really messed that up, and my travel priorities have changed too.

I want to take my wife to Barcelona, Amsterdam and Prague. Probably Zurich/Bern and the obligatory Paris stop. I’ve been to all and she hasn’t, so that would be a fun trip.

For me, I’d like to go to Ephesus, Athens, and that area of the world/history. I’d like to go to India with a very knowledgeable guide to see the temples etc. No interest in the crowds anywhere.

Agree with comments already posted about Japan, especially Kyoto. Korea also is beautiful and people very friendly. But have done those (and Malaysia) enough to have already crossed off.

As COVID subsides and travel reopens, I think we are likely to take driving trips across the USA and Canada. So much to see and re-see. And we’ll have time since I will be retiring in January, so can hop in the M5 and tour GT style. I’d guess it will be 2023 before we go international; too much to see and do here first.

Of all the places I’ve been, my three favorites are Japan for unique culture, Ireland for beauty and hilarious people who take nothing seriously, and Prague for pre-WWII buildings, great people and all that.

I suppose it is time to update that list!
Appreciate 0