12-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #40
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Have you been to Vietnam before? I went last year (i was there at this exact time actually, and i'm feeling a wave of depression as i type this) We went to Nha trang, and Ho Chi Minh. Very cool places. Nha trang food was awesome as were the views.

My fathers good friend moved to thaiand, and he asked if hes coming back to the states. He said "never"

Where do you spend your time over there? Phucket was awesome for me.
I have never been to Vietnam but look forward to it. We were supposed to go a couple of months ago and never got too far into the details as it seemed unlikely to happen.

in the last 3 years have been to Cambodia, Singapore, Myanmar, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea (craziest place I have been), Fiji, India, New Zealand and Australia in this region, some multiple times (other places in the Middle East), all for work but I try to see things when possible. I took this job partly for the travel but trying to hit some other areas soon as I am not sure how long until I start looking for another job. When traveling all the time it can be too much, now I am ready to go.

For Thailand, mostly around Bangkok but our plant is in Ayutthaya (about an hour north), then to Phucket, Chang Rai/Chang Mai in the north of Thailand, Kho Samui on the Gulf (resort), Rayong and Pattaya, then a lot of other areas for short trips. I now drive myself which is difficult to figure out and takes a lot of concentration but no accidents yet. Still not sure what happens in the case I get in an accident but it is a company SUV and there is a phone number on the windshield for our insurance company. I was told I should get an international drivers license but haven't, main benefit seems to be they can confiscate it and I won't care. I like visiting and you can live well on far less money but I have no interest in living there permanently. It's very hot all year round.