View Single Post
      06-23-2021, 08:44 AM   #253
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
This is bottas pit, somewhat sharper angles. The Merc will have priority when released from the pit.

Max pit
Exactly. you can clearly see that VER can take the apex of the pit lane entry corner where BOT is already ~4-5m to the right.
It's very difficult to judge how much further the merc car has to drive due to the somewhat sharper angles, but if its about 2/3th of a car length in those angles at say roughly 30kph (when they steer into the pitbox they probably slow down a bit), it's 0,5sec.
So if thenth of seconds make a difference it can be an issue.
I never thought of it until those analysts explained it on TV.
Things are so incredibly close in F1 that the smallest difference can have a big impact.

First pitbox indeed has priority, but if no one's there that's not an issue.
So it's mainly a tactical advantage for MERC, if HAM would have gone into the pit at the same time when VER went into the pit.

So this all is only an issue because the entry of the pitlane at Paul Ricard is a fairly tight right corner.
Lots of other tracks have a straight pit entry. For example on silverstone this wouldn't be an issue.
I think the red bull ring also doesn't have this issue, so VER won't have this advantage next 2 races
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-23-2021 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 1