Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2012 Golf TDI

Garage List
2005 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
Metallica's 2008 album to be realease in september 08. the band used to be the shit when it comes to heavy metal and rock, they took a dip and their art became a tad debatable around St. Anger (imho). the dip arguable started with black album in 1991 in terms of albums while they continued to put out awesome concerts. (dont get me wrong i think black album is brilliant, and i find it hard to hate Load... but most of whatevers after is plain crap)

after replacing the longest temporary bassist jason newsted with trujillo they are supposedly restarting the band and going thru everything they had to do back in mid 80's when they had to impress the world with their masterpiece 'Masters of Puppets' album.

i have very very high expectations from them. hoping for something as good as masters of puppets and ...and justice for all. altho im assuming it'll not sound anything like either albums.

metallica has been my favorite band since i heard The Unforgiven by accident back in 1991. I have been trying to stay away from youtubes and little releases. im afraid of being disappointed or having a preset negative idea about the album. i really want to give them a chance. last chance. although i did hear the new album's (Death Magnetic) intro which is their version of "Ecstasy of Gold"

any thoughts? expectations? care, no care??

..... im sure RickC has something to say about this hahah
I think you meant St. Awful
Appreciate 0