View Single Post
      08-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #11
Chapperss
I only ride park
Rep
Drives: e93 335i Msport FBO 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelaxIN2 View Post
really...? All kidding aside, it is considered a Mountain Bike... it has peddles. Yes, it has a twist throttle too, but you dont have to use it.

Actually, if its a "public or state" trail or park, the have to let you on as it truly is considered a peddle bike. The Park Rangers around my way have them as well... granted, not that type. A majority of them just want to see it and ask about it. I have even been pulled over once in a parking lot. The cop just wanted to know more about... talked to be for like 5 minutes...
So I looked this up last night for the UK as didn`t want to just be spouting crap - Will post the link below but the TLDR is that over a 250w motor and/or no assistance over 15.5 mph other wise its considered a motor bike and needs tax and insurance.

All the lads i know with regular ebikes have the de-restricted and bush closer to 30mph but that`s technically an illegal mod.

Got to love the nanny state. . https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules

All parks (the ones i've ridden anyway) do not allow twist a go on site - public parks may be different but I think not (its one google to many for me) as you do not ever see them on the trails.

Again dude, not hating. It`s a great machine, just with the way we look at them in the UK my mind goes straight to emotorbike
Appreciate 0