United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpca356
Oops, I used brah because I thought that's the language you speak.

I do enjoy this beautiful car everyday and you would too if you had one.

Short drag race was what the video was about and I was just responding to your M4 vs i8 track times. It was never meant to even compete with the M4 and the fact that it is competitive in real life situations (unlike track times you posted) makes the i8 truly an outstanding car.

I'm so happy such amazing technological development didn't land in your hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCsquared View Post
No, YOU just don't get it lol. If you bought a car for a "short drag race", because "that's what matters in the streets", then you purchased the wrong vehicle, "brah".

It's sad such an amazing technological development landed in your hands

Have a good day and enjoy the beautiful car!
The i8 is very good at what it was designed for but to say that it is "competitive in real life situations" against an M4 is just ludicrous. I wouldn't consider 1/8 mile or even 1/4 mile races representations of real life situations. If anything most races in the real world take place while the vehicles are already in motion, at or around highway speeds, where the i8 really struggles. Not to discredit the car but it's beyond apples and oranges. Lots of videos like the one with the manual M4 with a useless driver seem to be floating around the Internet and when taken out of context can be very misleading, and that is really what's to blame when it comes to all these people who don't get the i8 and keep trying to draw comparisons between it and performance focused cars.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0