05-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #93
Epirali
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e Copper i8 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
The i8 is very good at what it was designed for but to say that it is "competitive in real life situations" against an M4 is just ludicrous. I wouldn't consider 1/8 mile or even 1/4 mile races representations of real life situations. If anything most races in the real world take place while the vehicles are already in motion, at or around highway speeds, where the i8 really struggles. Not to discredit the car but it's beyond apples and oranges. Lots of videos like the one with the manual M4 with a useless driver seem to be floating around the Internet and when taken out of context can be very misleading, and that is really what's to blame when it comes to all these people who don't get the i8 and keep trying to draw comparisons between it and performance focused cars.
Not disagreeing with your general assessment, but where I live for some reason most "real life" situations I run into with M owners (or Porsche owners) is they want to race from red light in the middle of congested areas (yes, sigh).

In that case I can always have a lot of fun. Actually one time I had a lot of fun with a Porsche owner in my Leaf in a 0 to 40 mph drag race (unintended on my part).
Appreciate 0