View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 05:08 AM   #51
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

This can become a very expensive hobby/passion. I unfortunately have never had the right space for dedicated listening, but I do love the gear. I don't know if it's a man thing but I love stuff I can touch and look at. (The cool pic thread is one of my fav's but I digress). I have alway had a system. I love the tubes, there is something about them that pleases me from a listening point of view and the look. I like high efficiency speakers, horn loaded if possible and have had a number of sets of Klipsch heritage series speakers. Not really audiophile stuff in the true sense but I love the sound and presents of them. I just gave my son a set of Klipsch Forte's with the Bob Crites upgrades and a small 15W+15W tube amp and he's loving it.

My current set up which is still mostly in boxes as we just moved is a Synthesis Seamus push pull tube amp, with Zu Omen Def MKII speakers, American made and I love these things. They take some fooling around with room placement but do they deliver. The rest of the system is a CD player also Synthesis but really don't get that much use anymore as we stream a lot of music. I should get a proper transport and a turntable which is yet to be unpacked and set up.

I have too many toys and too many interests, at least my wife says I do.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
zx10guy5149.50