View Single Post
      09-26-2022, 10:30 PM   #49
tommyb13662
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I sold my Tesla S P100d after 6 months in 2021 for my I8. The charging network just isnt there for trips. When you do go on trips your route has to follow the network not quickest route. All the hype 20-80% in 15 min on level 3 i saw that only twice in hindreds of charging sessions. Overall 600 miles takes average 2 extra hours (counting charging) compared to the i8 or my x3. Made 900 mile trip an 1100 mile trip because had to follow charging route in rural area. There were too many caveats and excuses that hybrids or petrol dont have. Ended up altering my travel paterns so much it wasnt worth the bother. The i8 has enough range for most daily trips... and poof gas up for travel. Its magical how much easier travel is when I went back to regular trips vs all the excuses i made while i owned the tesla. Dont get me wrong in 5 years i plan on trying EV again perhaps a rental if its a thing. But unless there is a huge improvement to charging and network. I bet some other technology will come along and replace BEV. One that doesnt have so many quirks and caveats.
Appreciate 0