Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
What's your stance on professional courtesy, in regards to traffic violations? (I am aProfessional CITY FF 15 YEARS). I have been let go more times then I should have....my xwife was with me one time complaining about my speeding 95ish...."I hope you get a ticket..". Sure enough not 5 minutes after that comment I got pulled over. I never lie when cops pull me over and ask 'do you know why.....etc". Yes because I was speeding, officer "yup I got you going 89".....me:...."I thought you got me at 95 for sure, but I'll take 89". I hand the officer my license and FIREFIGHTER identification, mean while my xwife clearly communicates to the officer that he should give me a ticket, long story short.... he didn't. She was nothing but a C U Next Tuesday for the rest of the night.....

The only thing I can't stand is when an officer gets on his soap box and tells me how wreckless I am etc.... I could have hurt someone .......bro, clam your ass down, I've seen just as much tragedy as you have maybe even more. He threatened to call my chief, (a chief at the time I couldn't stand, complete asshole) That interaction fired me up...I became a dick and asked him to stop talking and just give me a ticket, he should have, and for the life of me I can't understand why he didn't.

I was a super dick head another time to local beach cops......I was drinking (was the passenger in my own car (X5M)letting my buddy drive it who ended up with a DUI, 3 officers gave 3 different reasons for pulling my buddy over, this fired me up and I was, to say the least, less then cooperative. The next day I discussed what happened with my buddy who is a police captain for the city I work for....again long story short..... I was completely out of line and wrote personal apology letters to each officer at that scene, went hat in hand to their police station to hand deliver them. I'm not their favorite person but the letters did help my situation, it's few and far between officers get a letter from a person they had a difficult interaction with stating their behavior was unacceptable. This is just after the same local beach police officers had pulled me over for speeding and gave me professional courtesy.
I give professional courtesy majority of the time unless the action is egregious. I give a lot of passes to civilians too, so my latitude is deployed fairly.

As for your attitude….

….at least you attempted to make amends. That's more than I can say for some people.
My boat was docked in that beach town, the police Capt. I'm friends with painted the bigger picture for me… they have the ability/motivation to make my summer activities ( Boats N Hoes) unpleasant as possible, reminding me (and my friends/coworkers) that we are far from model citizens. Along with my fancy loud F85 X5M that screams "look at me".
When my buddy was getting a DUI, my antics got me pulled out of the back seat to be detained, followed by insulting the officers situational awareness for patting me down when I was shirtless and wearing a form fitting Hurley swim suit. Again not proud of my behavior, just illustrating another point of motivation they would have.