View Single Post
      08-02-2021, 03:05 PM   #10286
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Hm. The doctrine seems to be a killjoy though. If we all lived by the doctrine, there would be no fun and no stupid stories to tell people later. I tend to live life by the rule of: As long as it's in moderation, no one gets hurt and it doesn't conflict with my core values, go have fun.

I dated a girl a few years back. The first time she came to my house, she explained that we had to have a serious discussion. She was in a protection program. Apparently the ex, now in prison, tried to kill her several times. The last attempt was in the form of a car bomb. The car bomb incident happened while he was in prison. It was a little discerning to know that in order for her to come to my house, it required a full background check without my knowledge. I also had two unmarked black SUV's parked in my neighborhood anytime she came over. Needless to say, that didn't last very long. I think I've posted about this somewhere here before. Rather off-putting to know that people at the end of the street, are listening to everything going on inside my house.
It really isn't a killjoy, it has much more to do with this specific community than convicted felons. It's a weird vibe here; it's definitely different from anything I've experienced in the past. I should add that the woman in my story is a solid 4/10. If she were a total smoke show I'm sure there's a section in The Doctrine on how to navigate a situation where you might be dating a hot criminal.

Last edited by Chihuahua; 08-02-2021 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00