View Single Post
      05-03-2020, 07:48 AM   #45
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Ran into this with Target. I needed a headset for conference calls, and of the 3 models that would have worked nicely all were listed by their website as "in stock" at the store near me. When I got to the store 30 minutes after the website visit, not a one of them was in stock. In the case of 2 of the 3, there wasn't even a stocking location or tag for them anywhere. I even had the very helpful staffer check the storeroom. That's some piss-poor inventory management. Real-time tracking isn't a realistic expectation, but it should be obvious that they have to do better than "not even fucking close." For that big of an error there would have to be really slow (or nonexistent) updates, or lots of errors, or both. Since every item is tracked everywhere it goes by a variety of automated means, there's no reason - other than ineptitude or apathy - for such inaccuracy. Very frustrating.
Totally agreed. It's probably not going to be addressed. But in this current climate where we're told not to make unnecessary trips, the fact these companies are so sloppy with their inventory systems is causing unnecessary trips as many times there are no other higher priced substitutes.

With Target, it's highly inexcusable. Target has their stores on total lock down with security cameras every where. You can't scratch your ass without a camera recording it. So the probability of theft from employees or shoppers is minimal. Which leads to either gross incompetence or intentional bait and switch.

And another thing I've found with Target is the inconsistencies of their pricing in store and on their website. That is also another bone of contention I have with Target. One item I bought had a $30 delta.
Appreciate 1