05-05-2020, 03:36 PM   #47
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
What you're talking about are promotions or sales which I do understand if I miss out, oh well. What I've been observing are items which are not on sale or don't have promotion have more price fluctuation than the current stock market. Now that should never happen. I've tracked items change in price literally every few hours. And these are not some items that are driven by any type of marketing programs or promotions. One such item is a replacement piece for a motorcycle chain removal/riveting tool. That part has swung from a low of around $18 to a high of $24. Another was a Gentex auto dimming/Homelink rear view mirror. I watched it go from a low of $169 to the current $214.

There's definitely something wrong with the whole stupid pricing system on Amazon when you have a dedicated website called camelcamelcamel that provides historical price tracking of a particular item. Go check out a particular item on that website. Depending on the item, the amount of price variability will shock you.
I explained this earlier as I sell on Amazon. Items listed for sale on Amazon are not only sold by Amazon, in fact most items on Amazon are sold by a third party. And these sellers can set the price to whatever they want and adjust it to whatever they want as often as they want to change it. It is the way it is, amazon doesn't set these prices and doesn't care to make sure prices stay at a certain price or range, in fact they probably don't mind when sellers up the price because then they(amazon) make even more money from that order because each item that is on Amazon, Amazon takes 15% of the sale price.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615333.00