Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
The i8 already has guards for the underside front bumper. You could add more protection, there's aftermarket guards sold online that are universal and you could also wrap the front bumper in a Clearbra but I don't see why this would be necessary. I'm driving my i8 lowered by about an inch and still find the car to be pretty high off the ground and driveable. Have scraped the guard quite a few times but never damaged the actual front lip. Roads aren't great here in SoFlo but even then I think you have to be a pretty damn careless driver to damage it this way specially at stock ride height.
Your Florida roads must be really good. I've scraped the front end on driveways and from potholes and the middle of the car over speed humps. And I am running stock. A slammed i8 in L.A. would soon disintegrate unless it's a garage queen. And my i8 is a DD.
To be honest some of the roads here are absolutely terrible, but my commutes are very repetitive so I know exactly what to expect. Also went through a lot of growing pains with my first lowered car and figured out the right angles to approach the usual obstacles that damaged my previous vehicle. Another thing I've noticed about the i8's front bumper is that it seems to be angled upwards, as opposed to say my M6's front bumper which seemed to be pointing down towards the road. I expect if I ever went past the plastic guards I would most likely only damaged the bottom part that's virtually invisible without crawling under the car, not the actual nose. My concern with the i8's ground clearance is more with the amounts of debris that construction trucks seem to be dropping on I-95 here in Florida, but I've been surprised by the i8 having warned me about debris on the road multiple times.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0