03-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #307
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
My buddy at work has those dumbells I think? It's the one that's kinda squarish and it can be adjusted to what ever weight? Seems like it would be too bulky. I would suggest using a Smith machine for seated or standing military presses
I'm doing a Wendler variation routine (strength). You have tier 1 and tier 2 exercises.

So for shoulders, tier 1 is overhead press, tier 2 is dumbbell press. Tier 1 stays the same as all tier 1 exercises are usually the big ones like squat, deadlift, etc. Tier 2 you can change around to mix it up a little.

The things I'm talking about are hangers. You hang them on a barbell in a rack, put your dumbbells in them, so they are in place for seated dumbbell presses without having to get them off the floor and up into the start position. I seen them years ago.

My last shoulder workout, I hit 15 reps with the 75lbs dumbbells, so now my new working sets going into the next round of programming is 90lbs as it bumped my maxes.

I don't think I will be able to swing the 90's up safely under control, so I will probably just swap to a different exercise.
Appreciate 0