11-24-2021, 10:23 AM   #4999
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguard13 View Post
Did you have "Percy the Pervert" who tried to help all the little girls who got knocked down by the surf?
I was TRAINED, but only so I could surf at the military installation where I worked as a civilian. It was required that all in the "surf club" be trained lifeguards. Military could bring 2 guests, civies only one. Somebody in the club had to go to OoD's office, check out the surf flag, and run it up the pole to tell Security that the beach was indeed open, and a trained lifeguard was present.

No little girls.

Funny story (to me) when I got trained the first time, it was at some daycare center pool, and the instructor was just trying to get all her teen assistants trained so the pool there could be opened. Being 5'10" 190lbs of solid muscle (at the time) she made me fill the part of real rescue victim. Everyone else had to be able to at least get me hanging over the coping of the pool before she would pass them. I got pushed under so many times, and my ribs were scraped worse than surfing bareback.

On the way home, after dark, I got pulled over by CHP (alleged speeding 85+ and pulling away from the officer) When I told him my '75 Volvo 245 4-cyclinder was incapable of such speeds, I had seen him on the onramp, looked down and was doing 68, and didn't vary from that speed until he hit his lights, he then wanted to discuss my bloodshot eyes. I related the above LG story, offered to allow him to touch my wet bathing suit (in the bag, not on my waist) and then he thanked me for being prepared.
Appreciate 2