View Single Post
      02-03-2021, 01:29 PM   #8
HanLueX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastali8 View Post
And you can get it repaired at a BMW dealer versus at an exorbitant Lamborghini or Maserati shop.
That's an interesting point I hadn't heard before. Probably easier to find BMW people, although they might not be as versed with the hybrid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
Alright so first let me start by saying I went from a heavily modded M6 to a stock i8. Also I work at BMW and was an avid i8 hater just because the power-price ratio didn't make sense and I liked seeing big HP numbers and lot of noise and it just wasn't what I or people with similar thinking wanted it to be.

It was a showpiece for BMW, a hey look what we can do. Its quick, reliable and has the wow factor in looks. As far as used cars go, right now. It is not a bad buy, by any means. Its a car that excels in many areas, the major hate comes from it not being the same as everything else (loud, fast and obnoxious), they took a risk and based on today's market it seems worth it.
Wow - you are one of the first I've heard that is happy with the switch from an M model to the i8. Thats cool though, I'm glad you like. I think the power/weight ratio definitely can't be ignored, but I still heard the uptake was a bit slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsi View Post
I bought mine because it feels totally different from anything else i drove before.

It is a unique concept without a real equivalent.
I swapped my coupe for a roadster as they only made circa 3,000 of them.
All good points! I haven't seen the roadster.. i'll have to check it out.

Thanks for all the feedback - it's nice to hear from some happy owners.
Appreciate 0