View Single Post
      10-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
That's great if people want to stand up for the environment and hippie out, but it doesn't need to be preached, or predetermined that those who don't go organic "don't care about the planet or their body". So I eat non-organic food, as many americans do, but there are other ways to care for your body and the planet other than dictating an "organic diet".

Yes, current processes may take a toll on the environment, and hopefully as time continues more advancements can be made with pest control and supply a stable and consistent crop for the country, but with that being said, there are a million other things people can do to protect the environment for the future. Hydrocarbons from automobiles, I should make note that we are all killing the environment now and in the future with pollutants, so I suggest you stop driving and purchase a pedal bike.

If I am not mistaken, 6 out of the top 10 oldest people alive currently are from the United States..., I am curious what their diet is. I am not completely convinced this is because all of them have lived off an organic diet. Just some food for thought.
Maybe what I said was misinterpreted a little bit.

First off, I don't want to offend anyone. I didn't mean if you don't eat organic food you are trying to destroy your body or the planet, I know that is not anyones intentions. This just isn't sustainable we've already ruined the majority of our farmland and this is continuing. We don't need GMO's to increase food supply, we don't need to use pesticides or herbicides on our food. Organic farmers have done it for thousands of years and are still doing it today. This new technology has actually decreased crop production and the levels of pesticides and herbicides being used are increasing due to resistance from pests and weeds.

Also GMO's are fairly new they've only been around for about a decade. Those 6 people were not eating GMO's all their life like what is expected of todays children.
Appreciate 0