Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I am pretty sure that is too much water, which can lead to disease, which can encourage weeds and pests. I am in South Florida where it is hot. It usually rains a lot in the summer, so I turn off irrigation, or set it to 1x / week. It hasn't rained in about a week and I saw the lawn getting a little crispy, so I turned it on for a second day this week. I never exceed 3x / week and it runs for 24 minutes per zone.
The only reason I don't think it's over watering is because the soil seems dry. It's not like saturated or super soft or anything. But I'm not a Horticulturist so what the hell do I know?

I do get some clover and weeds, especially along my arborvitaes because there is not fence there and my neighbor neglects the shit out of her yard. Part of the bush removal project is because I'm having a nice white privacy fence installed behind the Arborviates and along the back where the chain link is now.

In any event, maybe I'll try kicking it down to every other day and see what happens.