View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 02:56 PM   #4221
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So I'm very comfortable with a number of firearms and if we were allowed to CCW I'd be fine with any of the ones I had. I'm not sure that's the best route for everyone though. Train and become proficient with one because if shit goes sideways you don't want to be thinking about what you've got in your hand and were the mag release etc. is. Just my two cents
i used to think it was best to become great with one gun and only shoot that, until i started getting situation specific guns. Like i have 3 shotguns, one for dove, pheasant and duck, that i rotate through on trips to the sporting clays range. Each gun shoots a little different, so if you dont become well trained in each, its gonna be a rough first few shots.

Same thing i do with my 30-06 and 308. I use them for different hunts, and i dont want to be able to shoot the 30-06 well and be using the 308 and miss when you may only get a couple shots off.

as for my pistols and ARs, they all have different sights and scopes so its really not hard to go from one to the other. and the AR platform is pretty plug and play, especially when youre building from the same lowers.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1