Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox9 View Post
to each their own - yada yada -
BUT.......

I'm highly against behind-the-back carry....... for a variety of reasons...
Safety being one.... if you fall, trip, or sit too fast, etc... Now you've just dislocated or shattered a vertebra - no thanks.

I'm not a fan of anything (especially of this nature) being behind my peripheral sightline... for sure not behind my back where I can't see any part it. What if somebody happened to see something, you bent over or reached up without thinking and it was seen... now someone has complete element of surprise to try to take it from you... or their buddy... etc.

Fast draw or at minimum natural motion draw = FTW!

If I had the frame for it, I'd carry apendix... I've got too much cushion there for any amount of comfort in that position.... so I'm a strong side kinda guy.... but that's by design, not by choice. I believe that's the easiest and most formidable draw stroke, and if you're resting your fingers into the top of your front pocket, you're 3/4 way to the grip without causing any undue notice in a totally natural appearance.

YMMV of course.

I started my "force myself to carry each day" project with small of the back. The amount of times I had to adjust or remove it to sit comfortably, or to not "clack" on a wooden/metal chair, drive any real distance made me explore appendix carry. Now, after a few holsters, I have found I love it and this is all I do. Only took about 2 weeks to get completely comfortable with it and the time I accidentally drove 3 hours with it in place without realizing it - I knew I found my spot.

Has all the advantages you described as well. Harder for someone to get away from me. I'm not checking my shirt tail 27 times a minute to make sure it is covered. etc.

But I have lost enough weight over the years to make this an option - I could understand where it would not be for all people.

Mine carry gun goes on top of my wallet in the drawer each night and back on my belt each morning with my wallet into my pocket. I will also say - a good carry belt helps a LOT too. I was given a KORE EDC belt for my birthday. I thought it would be too heavy to wear each day, but I fit it anyway and wore it once and have worn nothing else since. Have a lot of stiffness and will not sag at all. Perfect carry belt and great normal belt as well.