06-04-2021, 01:51 AM   #128
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBear View Post
BMW can do what FSD can? Like actually stay in lane, pass vehicles automatically, change lanes to exit and go trough ramps? Did you actually ever use FSD? My BMW 50% of the time shows gray steering icon, losing ability to autosteer. It is pretty far from even L2.
With the deletion of radar, I wouldn't trust their "FSD" anyways.
I believe Tesla Vision pure camera system with neural net is the future - however, we are not there yet, not even close. Tesla's system is just an accident waiting to happen, when Tesla system failed in freak situations not in their database. Until pure camera system becomes reliable, radar or LIDAR is an important safety backup.

Quote:
X cost LESS with FSD provided you actually add BMW packages. I am not big fan of Tesla, i owned S, but BMW is far cry from Tesla tech.
Maybe, maybe not. We don't have the full price list and there will be discounts and leasing incentives. And customers have a choice, whether to add those packages or not.

BMW's tech is on par with Tesla, even current X5 can recognize Traffic lights, stop signs etc. Just that BMW is more conservative, and have not enabled those features in most markets. Unlike Tesla's reckless use of the misleading name of "AutoPilot", and customers as beta testers, sometimes with tragic results.

As I mentioned, Tesla is way behind in headlight tech when it doesn't even have an anti-dazzle high beam system. In addition, Tesla has no HUD, and no CarPlay.

Quote:
Besides, what about PERFORMANCE? Almost 2 seconds slower and 60 miles short of range.
There will be a M60 version, and we don't know the specs or performance figures for it yet.
Appreciate 1