Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
I can't believe you've done this.

Yeah, that's a decent stack of the essentials, and covers the critical areas, in my opinion. Everything else is literally, just that: supplementary. I take whey protein because before, I didn't realize just how badly my diet was lacking in it. It was actually pretty bad, 2-3 years ago LOL. Along with the other isolate compounds in it combined with the extreme stress my body undergoes on a regular basis, I feel as though what I take literally fits my conditioning style; pre/post, protein, multivitamin for epic neon pee, and fish oil & D3. That's a good call on the dietician. Just pass whatever gems you find out about this way, pls.

And dude! Fasting for weight loss is so crazy LOL.
Everyone listen to Mr Tonka. Dude is the cardio master. Literally.
I'd be soooo fast on a bike if i were only 157 pounds. But i'd look like i just got back from a 2 month stay on Naked and Afraid. lol

I'm hardly the cardio master. But being around endurance athletes for the last 10 years has caused some learning via osmosis.

It's amazing what our bodies are capable of and why they do what they do. The dietician loves what she does because everyone's problems are all unique because of their genetics, life style and eating habits. So even though most come in for the same issues, the solution is often quite different.

The wife went in because she can cut her calories to 1200/day or consume 3000/day and weight doesn't move. First thing she found out was that her body is retaining 26% MORE water than the average pro endurance athlete. She also now believes me that our bathroom scale is lying to her when it says she's 25% body fat. Dr tested with 3 methods and came up with 16% BF. Dr said she was most fat on tricep..... this kind of worries me because i KNOW her ass is the fattest part of her. lol But the Dr said that was in relation to muscle in the area. Before being a triathlete she was a gym rat and squats was her thing. I just remembered that i took a pic of her arm when she was making cookies a while back. Suppafat triceps!! lol

Anyway, the excess water retention was the reason coconut water made it's way into my fridge. Wife's been uploading pictures of everything she eats to her website and has been getting feedback on what she's consuming. So far the only thing she's suggested she change out was muscle milk. She said the protein isn't that great and you get no other benefit from the product. She said the quest bars have the same protein, but she's cool with the quest bars because you get other nutrients from the bar.

They also test genetic traits and statistically speaking the software system said she had 0% likelihood of cancer or heart disease. So looks like someone else will get a swing at her after i die. lol

Another odd thing she said was that small pockets of fat that just show up out of the blue are often a result of your body freaking out over some intense workout while being nutrient deficient. It then rushes to store some fat in case that happens again. She said it can be challenging to figure out what course of action will allow your body to relinquish it.