View Single Post
      02-15-2021, 06:44 AM   #2850
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Been maintaining and working out at home a lot lately. Hitting the the gym today: chest & tri's...

my humble opinions:

@ Rebekah - you will have to lead by example, when it comes to your husband. I believe that is a common thread in all marriages. Either party must show leadership in various areas at times for the other to step up. Could mean eating right, church solo, gym solo, therapist solo... everyone is different but i know for me, if my wife is implementing something healthy and beneficial in her life, I will eventually follow suit and vice versa.

Use it or lose it - as we age our muscles will atrophy and sitting or not moving enough is a sure fire way to feel old. It's tragic watching a loved one waste away because they can't seem to stay out of their own way. I see it as self sabotage - plain and simple.

As for the back fat - echoing what's already been said - convert the fat to muscle. For me pull-ups are a staple of my daily workouts. They do a fantastic job at keeping my back toned, along with back extensions. Machine & dumbbells bent over using bench.

Missing the YMCA, been at LA fitness lately so my wife can see a personal trainer - to save $ LA is cheaper. Anyway, this is the time of yr where the non gym ppl try to start a new gym habit - and while i applaud their efforts - it will be nice when they quit and the gym isn't so crowded.

Reb - see if your husband will take the braverman test bravermantest.com. my wife took it and it literally said that weights would improve her mood regulating. Even though I had been telling her that 4 yrs.

JP - the sitting is definitely the issue, posture is everything - back muscles love to be used often - sounds funny but hand washing our cars is one way I get my upper body moving outside of a workout - had wash, hand dry, spray wax, vacuum.

And @ Uncle Wade asking for more pix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 02-15-2021 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 2
JP102462.00
rebekahb3128.50