Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
No, if that was the case they would immediately call a manager for an override or something. This is pure panic. I've seen it so many times...
+1, I have seen this way too often.

I believe some "confusion" is related to what M_Six said and they either only know what the register says or are taught to only give change based on what the register says. But the "panic" is just plain 1) they don't know, how to make change and 2) they don't know what to do, e.g. call the manager.

I sometimes give them change before they enter it in the register, either b/c I want a bill or don't want a bunch of loose change and they will stare at it with a look on their face of "why the heck did you give me this?"...While I sit there and say to myself "just type what you have in the register and it will explain it to you"...

I think it really boils down to the kids/people that work at these jobs. The ones that do know their math are not working as cashiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Knowing my multiplication tables has saved me many times. Shame they don't drill kids on them any more.
Come on man...get with the times. There's even newer math nowadays. Rote memory drills are a thing of the past.

Last edited by omasou; 02-19-2019 at 08:02 AM..
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15560.00
King Rudi13152.00