Thread: Introductions
View Single Post
      03-20-2021, 12:12 AM   #1
mws
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8, X5M, M760i

Introductions

Hi folks. Michael here. I just closed on a used i8 in Ft. Lauderdale. I live in Northern California. It's on a transport and should be here in a week. Bought this 2014 White/grey PIW with 1120 miles on it (not a typo) for the price listed here.

I am not new to BMWs. Wife has owned an E36 M3, I am on my second E66 760Li, where I transferred my mad-scientist V12 exhaust project from one older 760 to the other:

and also have an E70 X5m the wife drives now, and I have a E63 M5 project car with an ESS supercharger.

The 2016 Jag F type R I bought in August is probably on the chopping block, once the i8 shows up. I have test-driven one i8, I know it won't replace the F type for launch or speed, but I wanted something more civil and frankly, more beautiful and comfortable than the Jag. A nice replacement for the supercharged M6--which has 133k miles and no AWD and is just a way to roast tires.

If I really want to go fast, I am thinking of buying a C8 Vette, or building a Superlite SLC Tesla conversion.

I am one of the pioneers of the HPFP repair that people do to avoid $10k + in repairs on their aging 760Lis, and hope to be able to add some value to this community. This forum has a lot more activity than any other i8 forum, and I am glad to make everyone's acquaintance.
Appreciate 0