View Single Post
      06-23-2015, 06:18 AM   #65
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Does wrightwood surveillance offers US version with warranty? Similar to Nelly's security?

I'm still trying to figure out how I can get my cameras wired. My house is so complex to wire since it does not have an attic. I wish I can just hide the NVR but since it would be so difficult to run PoE around it might just be in plain sight.

I wish they make wider lens. Like the Dropcam Pro which gives 130 degrees. I understand the limitation of wider angles. But I only need to monitor about 15-20 feet away but a lot of width. That is why I might need to go with 2 2.8mm cameras.
The one I got from them is a Chinese version. The box I received had nothing but Chinese writing all over it. But the firmware is the English version. They don't state on their website but I suspect all the Hikvision products they sell have a 1 year warranty through them as listed for the cameras. I haven't bought from Nelly's, but the reason I bought from Wrightwood was the pre and post sales support. They've been pretty good about responding and providing answers to my technical questions.

If you don't see yourself going past 4 cameras, Wrightwood does have the 4 channel version of my NVR with a built in PoE switch.

Not sure how your house is laid out in terms of walls/HVAC and such. But an option could be to run plenum grade Category cabling through your HVAC ducts and punch out near where you want your cameras. Remember if you do opt to run Category cabling through your HVAC ducts that it MUST be plenum grade. The reason this is important is the materials used in plenum grade wiring (specifically the insulating/protective jackets) do not emit toxic fumes when they're subjected to a fire.

I read some where the 2.8mm lens gets almost 130 degrees of view. I've seen figures of around 120 degrees.
Appreciate 0