Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Well IMHO the tesla does look better than the i3
That's an understatement.

the i3 didn't sell well because it's f'ing hideous, it's too expensive, and it's f'ing hideous. Did I mention it's hideous? Whoever signed off on that design should be taken out back and flogged.
It had to resonate with "early adopters" which it did to a certain point.

People tend to think everything has to be great like a "big tent" summer blockbuster movie and if it's not then it's a failure.

BMW developed i from scratch and one either has to be patient as they move forward about what is coming to market or go purchase something else.

The other part of the equation is with limited offering in the marketplace there are other choices.

But as other manufacturers are just now considering adding electric cars and the complex connectivity for City Cars BMW should and will be well ahead of the direct competition due to future thinking.

Growing pains? Yes. Will they figure it out? We hope so and they are attempting to make serious decisions that will impact the company's future.

The i3 is distinctive and as with most modern cars looks better than pictures. Future cars will not look like old cars. Adjust your view of automotive aesthetics as cars overall will change more in the next decade than all of the previous century.
Appreciate 0