03-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #43
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
This is just fine, but if you are going to sell, own & use guns, pls control your habit so it is less dangerous to others.
And we do have laws to help the wives/girlfriends who have machostupid ex's.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...53&postcount=9

Or you could get a big dog & train it well.

Murf
I agree. Owning a gun is a responsibility as I posted. And owning a big dog is also a responsibility. Difference being it can go off by itself. Guns are inanimate objects. I do get angry when I read about parents of small children that don't keep firearms out of reach and kids are hurt.

As to laws to help protect women from violent stalkers? When their emotional ex is crashing through the front door or approaching them in a parking lot laws won't help. The law simply sorts out the aftermath and sometimes punishes offenders. A firearm can force the attacker to leave or in worst case let him be the one injured or killed.

Also curious why the link. Blaming Ohio for NJs violent criminals is a faulty meme. If all America suddenly adopted NJs laws then the guns would come from Mexico or wherever. Criminals don't care and drugs are proof that we can not stop a black market. Borders mean little when there is a violent group of criminal people intent on obtaining the tools to commit violence. All more laws do is disarm those who won't go to illegal channels to obtain defense against that violent group.

I don't "like" guns. But most of the gun laws passed now simply take the guns from honest citizens while leaving the violent criminals armed. The criminals are not impacted by the law. Otherwise why would so many areas with the tightest laws still have some of the higher murder rates?
Appreciate 0