View Single Post
      08-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #20
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxsirrah View Post
I'm talking social conscience from a pollution and environmental perspective. Yes, I could afford any of those other cars mentioned, in the real world are they any quicker, not really. In the real world are they polluting people standing next to them, consuming fuel at a rate of knots, contributing greatly to global warming? Yes.

It makes a difference to me.
You need to be honest with yourself. The i8 is NOT even close to being a stellar performer from an "environmental perspective". If you want to tell yourself that to justify your purchase - that's fine - but don't try to preach that to everyone else as you will just look foolish. (I guess that's up to you though...)

The i8 only gets about 30mpg in real world use. Lots of much cheaper hybrid, diesel and even gas cars do better than that. ...and if you are going to rely on its electric range only then there are a lot more attractive options which are also less expensive (Tesla).

...I'm not dissing the i8 (I just bought one), but lets please just skip the environmental BS.
Appreciate 1