View Single Post
      09-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #52454
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I'm a bit late to this party, but here is how I would handle this based on my experience:

1) Go the speed limit in a residential area. 30 in a 20 is 50% over the speed limit. When I was a kid, I saw a neighbor kid get hit by a car in killed in the street in front of my house. The driver was devastated. I've always just gone the speed limit in residential areas because of my personal experience. I've never felt that slowing down has cost me any appreciable time at all.

2) I would never react to a crazy person unless I was protecting myself or others against harm. Crazy people are crazy. Reacting to one is equally crazy. I don't think showing a crazy person how tough I am is worth permanently affecting my life by me making a bad choice.

In summary, I'd slow down and ignore this guy, or wave and smile as I go by his house if I saw him out.
Solid level-headed response. I appreciate that sir. This is pretty much how I handled it. It bothered me to be the bigger person, but that's ultimately what happened. I was a little frustrated that I didn't get to help wash the guys face with the asphalt....but the morals my father instilled in me beat out the young punk that still hides in me.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11481.00