View Single Post
      04-11-2020, 07:30 PM   #199
Sunwar
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 (2019)

I ordered a Display Key from an EBAY seller in the US...it should be with me next week sometime.
I have read about this VIN number stuff...and I really can't see why I cant "read" what's on the Display Key Memory (via a Micro USB key) and change it. I might have to use HexaDecimal instead on Binary (and really it shouldn't be too difficult to read on a typical laptop. Sounds techy but should be fairly straightforward...if I succeed, I will post on how to do it)

So thats what I plan to do. And if I "find" a VIN number of sorts, I will replace it with mine...if I don't find one, I will move to program my key using the "key program slot" on the left of my Steering Wheel..

Im am hoping (as I dont have the key yet) that that should work. IF not then I have just spent $330 Aussie Dollars on a trial...and it may turn out to be an expensive mistake. Whatever happens, I will come back and post my findings on here. Might help a few that have been asking about EBAY sellers and not finding much in response.

Nothing much else to do, in this lockdown...
Appreciate 0