View Single Post
      10-13-2021, 08:29 AM   #11
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Try searching the property appraiser’s web site for the name of the person to see if the address is similar enough to explain a mistake. But it sounds like a scam.
Tried. My county doesnt allow you to search on name only. You need a parcel number or an address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I panicked at first too and thought scam but was relieved when I googled the name and street to see the people lived a few blocks down on the same street. The post office fat fingered the house number.
Hope that's the case. Guess I'll find out someday if they ever contact me. Nit holding out a lot of hope for that though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I think it's incompetence. Recently they've delivered the wrong mail to my home on multiple occasions. I mean the house numbers are very similar but c'mon, pay attention!
OMG, like every...single...week... for me. I finally signed up for the USPS informed delivery service that e-mails me a daily image of what the USPS is supposed to be delivering. Incredibly handy when things like you car tag renewal goes missing or an IRS letter. Miraculously they are batting 1000 on delivering junk mail. My car tag renewal notice mysteriously showed up about 4 months late. That IRS letter just never arrived. That was a fun one to figure out. At least 1 bill per month goes unaccounted for. it's clearly my local office as the photos are taken at their central sorting facility.
Appreciate 0