Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Greetings all! This is my first post.

I'm waiting on my i8 with baited breath.

I ordered a 2015 a Pure Impulse World, Sophisto Grey Metallic with Frozen Blue accent and the Pure Impulse Carum Spice Grey Perforated Leather. I'm thinking seriously about a few of the ACS upgrade in the near future.

I currently own a 2007 E63 M6, a 2012 X5 xDrive35i Premium, a 2014 328d, and a 2011 Ford Fusion. I believe truly believe that the i8 is the perfect stablemate for the M6 as they represent the best the automotive world offers in their respective categories and time periods.

Additionally, I will soon own two International Engine of the Year winners. I know that this is probably geeking out but I find it fairly significant that BMW can win with designs that are so completely different. I have read on several forums that there is a bit of animosity with some ///M owners towards the i8. I don't understand as I truly believe that they are complimentary: The M6 offers and outrageous V10 in a fairly luxurious package and the i8 offers supercar performance with a fairly normal consumption profile. The ability to drive a car with a sub 5 sec 0-60 that still achieves greater than 25-30 mpg in real-world driving is stunning imho.

My fuel consumption in the M6 hovers around 10.4 mpg in real-world (really quick!) driving and the prospect of not stopping for fuel every 48 hrs is VERY attractive. I respect each of my BMWs for different reasons and gain exceptional pleasure from each. When driving the diesel, I strive to get 50 mpg on the highway. When driving the X5, I get to haul most things that I need to haul and still gain driving pleasure. When I drive the M6, all of my senses are alive because the car is so extreme. (Mine is highly modded.) I look forward to learning what my relationship with the i8 will evolve into over time.

Thanks for all of the information and I look forward to learning more from the forum.

Best Regards-MKSixer
Appreciate 0