View Single Post
      01-15-2022, 01:51 PM   #18
byebyemyti
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318ti, 128 convertible

Soooo I have now driven a few cars and have a decision to make. It seems like from the newer cars I would need to get an m235 or m240 as the driving experience was not for me in the other 2s. The prices right now are obviously up there and while I like the 2, I’d still prefer the 1. I miss my 18k mile beauty!

I found two 1s (under 30k miles) that I have now driven somewhat close to me. (I am too sketched out to buy a car online without seeing or driving it.) So can’t imagine I will find many more, certainly not now. 128, 3 owners, super minimal - the only option is heated seats, no leather, auto dimming mirrors, even power folding mirrors, let alone premium sound. All of which are things that I wanted. In checking the car I realized the phone wouldn’t connect via usb and the dealer won’t fix that. Said aux works but I didn’t check that myself. No Bluetooth. No xenon. Also, the car carpet was a bit wet when I did my test drive but I know the car had been detailed that day. (Of course, I am paranoid about water damage since my car was totaled in the storm.)

The 135 (1 owner) is a little beast. Like, almost scary. I obviously am not used to the extra horsepower and this model has a bunch of options I don’t really need like the m sport package. But nice looking wheels though! I am perfectly happy with the 128 power. That said, some ‘basic’ things to me like the lights, folding/dimming mirrors, etc. are there. And lumbar support In fairness, I didn’t think to check *all* operations like Bluetooth, just assumed it was all working. Clearly not an experienced used car buyer. The 135 is $10k more than the 128. I have read that the engine could present more problems than the 128.

I can’t see me finding/liking another car more than the 1 right now. (Except the boxster but not willing to pay the ridiculous fees and spend min. 85k.) but I am so torn about these two choices!!! I didn’t think I needed much in my car except an enjoyable drive and good sound but I find myself already missing silly things like the mirrors. Ridiculous?

I have printed the vin options and been comparing but driving myself crazy. I think I am going to get one of these two…but which one?! To be continued…
Appreciate 0