View Single Post
      09-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #860
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
You're not an F1 driver. You don't race your car on a track competitively. That analogy is entirely foolish.

Most of us by sports and sporty cars for entertainment and engagement. We don't care about lap times. We care about the sound, the experience, the enjoyment.

Auto gearboxes are fine for people who either (a) don't care about the mechanics of driving or (b) people who have given up on mechanics of driving or (c) people who drive for comfort rather than enjoyment.

I've had an Audi DSG gearbox in the past. It was good...technically good. And so so sooo boring. Can't imagine why people buy sports car with those Crappy Paddle gearboxes....my guess is modern laziness and indifference.
x100000. When I was looking into buying my ///M4, the salesman kept pushing the damned DCT on me. I told him I learned to drive on a stick, and have had nothing else for 26 years since I learned to drive. He just kept going on and on "But you'll get to 60mph .2 secs quicker!" blah blah.

I calmly explained to him I wasn't looking to gain tenths on the minivans and SUVs surrounding me on the highway. ;P

6MT fo lyfe
Appreciate 4
SakhirM410784.50
10"4974.50
seis-speed2430.50