02-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #30
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
Grave,

I'm not saying that playing 2 hours of ball for YOU will drastically raise your cortisol levels, as you're probably well conditioned for it already. I'm talking about the typical out-of-shape office dweller who decides to get fit, ends up working out (playing ball, whatever) for hours at a time and only ends up raising cortisol levels and creating a huge appetite.

Two hours of moderate activity such as playing ball is nothing for a conditioned person.agree

I do however disagree with you that two servings of meat a day DON'T provide enough protein for the guy. It's more than enough. One piece of salmon a day is plenty. Add to that a healthy serving of nuts or beans and the guy is getting much more than his body needs. It's a myth that we need all this protein to survive. A healthy, vegetarian-centric diet has more than enough protein for everyone. he said 8 slices of turkey for lunch and then salmon for dinner. . . both are great . . . . .but i'm willing to bet that most (hopefully the op is an exception) doesn't maintain that meal plan consistently or for very long. The lunch aspect because its incredibly boring for many - although i personally eat chicken or turkey for lunch almost 5x a week because i love it, and the dinner aspect because not only can it get boring, but it can be expensive to be eating fish,etc every night . . . . even assuming hes got these two . . . salmon isn't as high as tuna, and a tuna steak will only have 50 - 75 grams of protein . . . add that to the 30 grams of protein from lunch and he's barely at 100 grams of protein. Add another 25 for misc. items that he has . . . and hes only at 125 - and thats probably a generous number. I think that's low for somebody who weights 185lbs, let alone 220 . . . now if he was having a steak instead for dinner. . . that would be another story.

I find it funny that all these gymheads are so obsessed over how much protein they're getting, but none of them care about the other stuff they're neglecting, like the fruits and vegetables. Can't ever forget about these. . . very important. . . i would say more the veggies than the fruits . . .

Think of how the old-timers lived. You think they had nice big servings of meat every meal? No. Meat was a treat. You'd be lucky to get it once a day, muchless once a meal. Grains and vegetables made up the brunt of their diet. I'd take an old-timers strength and physique over any of today's protein-heads.

BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
Appreciate 0