View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I'm very pleased to see BMW and the other large manufacturers getting into the electric car market. While Tesla may have a jump on the competition their interiors are just plain boring. They really don't know how to build cars yet, they're learning as they go.
I think it depends on the buyer. Tesla buyers seem to accept the shoddy workmanship, poor interiors, etc. b/c they like the giant screen, the updates, the cool and fun tech stuff that Tesla provides and many seem to not want to go back to regular cars (at least those I've spoken with who own Teslas).

Me OTOH, I despised them as soon as I drove the first Model S and whenever I've ridden in them since b/c the crappy leather, poor quality build, etc. appeared to be worse than that found in Acura and Honda products and was not acceptable to me for a $70K car let alone a $100K+ car.

With that said, Tesla does have 2 major advantages - their much larger supercharger network and generally higher driving range vs. EVs for traditional car mfgs.
Appreciate 7