View Single Post
      02-02-2021, 01:34 AM   #19
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
You are definitely the only one here saying that 3.7s to 60 is slow, and somehow bitching about the manual transmission offering. The 6MT is a perfectly acceptable 'performance transmission' and let's be honest it's a total pipe dream to put a DCT in a car like this. Your x3 has an automatic anyways, and tops the 60 sprint (a meaningless metric, fwiw) largely because of AWD, which is less fun to drive.

I'm not GM fan either, just giving credit where it's due.
I do give them credit. Like I said, all the internet enthusiasts will like this car but no one will actually buy it. GM seems to know it and plans to make a very limited number of those. There is just a very small number of people needing a RWD, manual transmission four dour sedan on Sport Cup tires - this is the undeniable truth. Maybe JamesNoBrakes or jstein55 will buy one, I don’t know, but very likely they won’t. If anyone will ever need something in this direction, will likely opt for one of the well-rounded German competitors which can btw also be driven in pure RWD mode. So, yes, bravo to GM to even consider making such a car. A moral victory right there.

Last edited by AlexFL; 02-02-2021 at 02:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1366.00