View Single Post
      01-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #47
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

I'm a lean guy at a full 6'2-6'3 and 160. I had a similar situation except I was also throwing up every 15 minutes, literally for about 10 straight hours. I lost 15 pounds in that time, so it was getting insane. If you've been dealing with this since Thursday, that's crazy.

It happened on a holiday weekend, so there was no choice but to go to the hospital. I literally felt like I was going to die. The hospital did several tests on me including a cat scan (don't ask me why). They were concerned I might have some serious condition because of what was in my urine at the time, but it turned out to be negative. I saw 3-4 doctors and don't remember much because I was so weak and nauseous.

All told, the hospital bill was $13,000 for about a half day there. Insurance negotiated it to $4,400 or something and I ended up paying about $200 out of pocket. Looking back, it was worth it because I had a good insurance and I was incredibly sick.

That said, I wouldn't go to the hospital unless you felt like I did (maybe near death) because they might have to do a bunch of precautionary testing and it will cost a mint. I'm sure they did a lot of stuff they didn't need to, but they couldn't say that it was food poisoning, so they wanted to be extra careful. Hospitals don't mess around, especially if you're young. The fact you are even making a thread and responding probably means you don't feel as bad as I did. I could barely move except to go to the bathroom.

Whatever they gave me in the 2 IVs, I felt better within hours. I know one drug was given to cancer patients for nausea.

Good luck, this is terrible.

Last edited by BayMoWe335; 01-02-2012 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0