View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
Leto1701
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

The Roadster and new Coupé are significantly better cars than the old i8. They do really have an EV mode for many commutes regarding range and are in general more refined in many aspects. I decided against the i8 a couple of years ago because it really was a underpowered RWD with an excuse of electrical motor on the front axle. The roadster convinced me with better handling, enough EV range for my commute and a lot of first generation problems fixed around hot air flow, electronics, etc. Of course not enough miles on them to say if the changes work reliably.

I decided between a Porsche Panamera eHybrid Sporttourismo and the i8 Roadster in the end based on driving through a forest with that roof down in EV mode (and because of a reasonable package offer for trading my Model S in + Rebate on the i8 Roadster and because I really wanted a smaller car).

I think it is one of the most clever cars out there and the prices might go up in a couple of years with production ending in April. Or might not...
Appreciate 0