Thread: Six months on
View Single Post
      06-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #11
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
And to be clear, again, my decision to sell my i8 was in no part because of the car. The car was amazing and I was the perfect buyer for one. The reasons were external. The level of attention was dangerous in a literal sense. It caused one person to rear end another at a stop light due to being distracted. It almost caused at least three more. People would do dumb things on the interstate to get a better picture. I had people follow me for 30 minutes, stop when I stopped to take pictures and ask questions. I've had people jump out in front of me while moving to get pics. I have been blocked in at gas stations because people would stop, blocking the car (literally encircling it once) and taking pics. They held back a lot of features I believe they will add such as active cruise, blind spot detection, parking assist, etc. (all of which my new Range SVR has). They are drastically ramping up production (why build i3s you can't sell instead of i8s you can?). And I basically drove mine for 5k miles over 6 months and broke even. I'll probably be back when it has all the features it should have had from the beginning in 2-3 years and they are sitting in showrooms because the market is flooded.
Appreciate 0